Coaching Guidelines | Carolina Hoopfest Basketball
Hey coaches! We are excited to have you join the Hoopfest family and wanted to share some important information with you. Please review our "Coaches Guidelines" below to help you prepare for a great season!
1. Timeliness: Please make sure to arrive to all games/workouts in a timely manner (Early is on time). If you are unable to attend any practices, games, etc., please make sure to let the club director know ASAP so that we can plan accordingly.
2. Professionalism: Please make sure to represent the Carolina Hoopfest Brand in a positive way at all times, whether that means thanking officials following each game or simply lifting kids up in a positive way at practices, games,etc., it's always important to lead by example!
3. Team Communication: Within the Hoopfest Club team program, the club director will handle all team communications with players, parents, etc. via email. There will be no outside communication with parents, players, etc. unless otherwise noted. Violation of this policy can result in your dismissal from the club program.
4. Situations with parents/players: If, for any reason we would like to meet with the club director to discuss the status of a player within the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting. We want the Hoopfest club team experience to be enjoyable for everyone within the program (coaches, players, parents, etc.)
Overall Time Commitment Outlined:
Coaches are expected to attend all practices and games.
- Coaches should arrive at least 15 minutes early to practices and be prepared run effective and challenging practices.
- Coaches should arrive at least 20 minutes early to games.
- If coaches are going to miss a practice, game, or tournament, notify a director so CHF can find a replacement coach.
Coaches Code of Conduct
I understand that I am representing Carolina Hoopfest Basketball, and I will always do my best to positively represent the organization and it’s values.
I understand that the goals of Carolina Hoopfest Club teams are for each player to improve and (hopefully) have fun, and these goals take precedent over my desire to prove my coaching prowess and win championships.
I will treat all players, parents, coaches, and referees with respect at all times.
I will do my best to teach and motivate my players in a demanding, yet positive and (mostly) fun environment.
By Signing Below, you are stating that you agree to the Hoopfest Coaching Guidelines as stated above